Feb 1
2010

Super Bowl Party Recipes: Chili, Wings, and Beyond

Baked French Fries Recipe with Garlic, Parsley, and Parmesan Cheese

Who Dat Nation, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees. If none of these names ring a bell for you, it’s safe to say that you won’t be terribly invested in the outcome of Super Bowl Sunday. That, however, does not mean that you can’t enjoy the rituals of fist-pumping, cheering, and high-fives. Your enthusiasm may have less to do with touchdowns, interceptions, and kick-off returns and more to do with pizza, chicken wings, and chili. Whatever your interests on the biggest day of the year for American football, having a plethora of snacks on hand is a must. I have compiled a list of recipes from various food blogs, including my own, to help you plan your party. The last thing you want is to be empty-plated when the hungry, testosterone-pumped fans descend on your house.

Nibbles & Nachos:

White on Rice Couple’s Crispy Asian Chicken Wings + Sweet, Spicy Chili Sauce
My Cooking Hut’s Satay Chicken Wings
Eat Boutique’s Apricot Glazed Sriracha Chicken Wings
Food Wishes’ Sweet & Hot Mustard-Glazed Chicken Wings
Life Ambrosia’s Garlic Pepper Chicken Wings

Out-of-the-Norm Superbowl Appetizers:

Cookin’ Canuck’s Bacon, Cheddar Cheese & Scallion Gougeres (Cheese Puffs)
Cookin’ Canuck’s Savory Mango Chutney & Cheddar Cheese Palmiers
Kalyn’s Kitchen’s Swiss Chard & Mushroom Squares
Rasa Malaysia’s Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls)
No Recipes’ Vegetarian Gyoza Recipe

Chili:

Cookin’ Canuck’s Smoky Turkey Chili with Chipotle Peppers, & White & Black Beans
Simply Recipes’ Turkey White Chili
Gluten-Free Goddess’ Gluten-Free Chicken Chili
Pinch My Salt’s Beef & Three Bean Chili
No Recipes’ Chipotle Turkey Chili with Pickled Jalapeños

Pizza:

Cookin’ Canuck’s Brie Cheese & Balsamic Caramelized Onion Whole Wheat Flatbread Pizza
Cookin’ Canuck’s Mixed Mushroom & Gorgonzola Pizza
Local Lemon’s Stuffed Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Macheesmo’s Red Pepper Pesto & Shrimp Pizza

Salads:

Come on now, we need something to balance the beer and cheese.

Cookin’ Canuck’s Spinach Salad with Fuyu Persimmon, Jicama & Avocado with Miso Dressing
Cookin’ Canuck’s Crunchy Green Bean & Sweet Tomato Salad
101 Cookbooks’ Lemon-Scented Quinoa Salad
Kalyn’s Kitchen’s Strawberry Spinach Salad with Almonds & Dill
Cooking with Amy’s Arugula Shrimp Salad

Desserts:

Cookin’ Canuck’s Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Layer Bars
Cookin’ Canuck’s Spiced Pear Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar & Oat Streusel
Two Peas & Their Pod’s Snickerdoodle Blondies with Cinnamon Chips
Gluten-Free Goddess’ Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp
Baking Bites’ Homemade Girl Scout Cookies: Samoas

1 Christine February 1, 2010 at 6:13 am

Wow, so many ideas of cooking delicious foods and snacks for Superbowl!
I definitely love to travel to US and watch this great event if I could. :)

2 Tasty Eats At Home February 1, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Great round-up of recipes! While we're not having a big party, I do plan on throwing together some wings. Your wings have had me craving for them forever!

3 Claudia February 1, 2010 at 3:41 pm

You have the quintessential perfect super bowl party lined up. I just don't know where to begin. usually with wings…and yes, some salads are called for.

4 Kalyn February 1, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Great Round-up of Superbowl Recipes! Thanks for including me.

5 Maria February 1, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Wow, you covered all of the bases and then some! Great post! Thanks for including my blondies. I posted homemade soft pretzel bites today. They would be fun for the big game:

6 Danielle February 1, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Nice round-up! Need a bib cuz I'm drooling!

7 Cookin' Canuck February 1, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Christine – The Super Bowl is an event, indeed. Besides the football, it's a great excuse to get together with friends for an afternoon.

Tasty Eats – Wings are a must on Super Bowl Sunday!

Claudia – Yes, some salads are definitely needed to offset the rest of the gorging.

Kalyn – No problem. You always have fantastic recipes.

Maria – Your pretzel bites would be a great addition to a Super Bowl party.

Danielle – Thank you!

8 Pink Panda February 1, 2010 at 5:50 pm

That's a great list of superbowl appetizers. I like the inclusion of some healthy ones as well :).

9 ValleyWriter February 1, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I really have 0 interest in football – but I love the Super Bowl because of all the great eats! I have to try out those wings – they look AMAZING!

10 citronetvanille February 2, 2010 at 12:20 am

Even if I don't watch football, can I still come to your house and eat? Everything looks incredibly delicious, those potatoes look too good to be real!

11 pegasuslegend February 2, 2010 at 2:22 am

Wow this would satisfy the hungriest crowd with this fabulous variety of wonderful football appetizers…..love the wing assortment and the glaze, also the fries….so delish sounding!

12 theUngourmet February 2, 2010 at 7:09 am

Oh my gosh, I have to say, those chickpeas look awesome! I'd love to try them!!

13 Trix February 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm

This spread is enough to actually (almost) make me want to watch football! I can attest that those chickpeas are incredible, they are definitely a new favorite around here, we goggle them up like piggies.

14 Emily Ziegler February 2, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Everything. Absolutely everything looks delicious on here.

Perhaps I'll swing by for the game ;o)

15 LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! February 3, 2010 at 5:03 pm

That is a great round-up of SuperBowl snacks. Can I just ask, how did your fries turn out so perfect? I have to say mine never look like that! I loved the chickpeas, I can't wait to try all of your recipes.

16 LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! February 3, 2010 at 5:03 pm

17 Cookin' Canuck February 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Let Me Eat Cake – make sure you use the parchment paper. It makes a huge difference! Plus, high heat helps.

18 Nina February 4, 2010 at 4:28 am

Great round up….amazing variety.Your fries have turned out so well….wats the secret?:)

19 Tickled Red February 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Potato, potato, potato…I love you so potato! :) I am definitely going to give these a try.

20 Kim McDougal, Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet February 6, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Hey girl, I made your fries last night for hubby and me… topped them with green onions and cheddar cheese all over them!!! OOooooo they were good! Thanx for sharing!

21 JB's cookinglady February 8, 2010 at 7:44 pm

All my favorites together you must know me. LOL

Do you by any chance have a list of ingredients that would make a good season for french fries?

Something like Seasoned Fries I need to do some comparing and I think mine is missing something. Hope you can help.

22 mycookinghut February 16, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Definitely a great bowl of chips!