Dec 22
2010

Graham Cracker Cookie Bar Recipe for Tasty Kitchen

Graham Cracker Cookie Bars - Tasty Kitchen Recipe

Each year around the holidays, I have the same conversation with myself. “What treat should I make for the neighbors this year?” After years of making elaborate breads and desserts, I finally decided that any recipe I use for this purpose needs to fit three criteria: easy, inexpensive, and irresistibly good. My newest obsession, Chocolate & Nutella Fudge with Sea Salt certainly fits this criteria and so does this recipe for Graham Cracker Cookie Bars, submitted by margaretha to The Pioneer Woman’s Tasty Kitchen site.

These cookie bars require a mere five ingredients and less than half an hour of your time, which will leave you feeling decidedly unfrazzled and ready for some joyful gift-giving.

For the recipe and step-by-step photos, read my guest post on the Tasty Kitchen blog.

1 Monet December 22, 2010 at 4:45 am

A five ingredient Christmas treat? This sounds perfect! I have loved graham crackers since I was a little girl, so this recipe sounds and looks great! Thanks for sharing, my friend! I hope you are having a beautiful evening.

2 Pegasuslegend December 22, 2010 at 10:52 am

perfect for the holidays mint is always a favorite in our house!

3 Heather (Heather's Dish) December 22, 2010 at 12:51 pm

i saw these on tasty kitchen and decided then and there i have to make them for office treats tomorrow! yum!

4 My Kitchen in the Rockies December 22, 2010 at 1:24 pm

I received this treat from my neighbor and it is already gone. I ate it all. They are delicious cookies. Now I have the recipe, too. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

5 Sarah @ Mum In Bloom December 22, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Oh wow those look good! I hope they're as easy as you say as I'm gonna make some today with the kids :) I'll let you know how it goes!

6 A Canadian Foodie December 22, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Love that criteria – and I would love to be a neighbour of yours. I, too, give treats… but have you noticed it is a dying tradition? I have been working hard to re- introduce it the past few years. I find people are too rushed to take the time to do such important little labours of love. Kudos to you!
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!!
And may your holiday be filled with warmth and love and happiness.
BIG HUGS!
Valerie

7 briarrose December 22, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Quick fabulous treat idea. Love it! So much yummy caramel.

8 warmvanillasugar December 22, 2010 at 3:31 pm

This looks so tasty! Mmmm I can't wait to try.

9 marla December 22, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I know we should live close by each other, but now I KNOW we should be neighbors so I can score some of this! Happy Holidays :) XO

10 The Food Hunter December 22, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I love that these are so easy to make

11 Anonymous December 22, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Where did you buy that pretty white plate you have the "cookies" on?

12 Daydreamer Desserts December 23, 2010 at 6:02 am

Great choice for a quick and easy holiday gift to make! Happy Holidays!

13 Tes December 23, 2010 at 9:44 am

What a perfect holiday treat! It looks so amazing and sounds so delightful :)

14 Trix December 23, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I am with Canadian foodie: I am moving in next door to you. Happy holidays! xoxo

15 Maris (In Good Taste) December 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm

These look perfect! Merry Christmas to you an your family!

16 Cwupcake December 23, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Ooh, I think I have a new recipe to try this year! Thanks!

17 Shannon December 5, 2011 at 10:36 am

I made these yesterday and they were super easy to make. I didn’t spread the chocolate chips out–just left them whole but next time I think I’ll gently push them down into the caramel so they stick better. Some of them fell off when I broke the pieces apart. I brought them to my office today and they are almost gone. Definitely a hit!