Memorial Day weekend is here and, if you like to cook, you know what that means – the official start of the grilling season. From burgers to ribs, vegetables to kabobs, and even desserts, grilling and summer barbecues open up a vast world of tastes and techniques. We know each of you have your favorite grilling recipes tucked away in your recipes boxes and we would love for you to pull them out and share them with us. To be clear, the recipes don’t have to be limited to things that you prepare on the grill, but rather recipes that include the flavors of summer and you would proudly serve at a backyard barbecue.
Next Monday, June 6th, Marla Meridith of Family Fresh Cooking and I are kicking off Get Grillin’ 2011, a 6-week online grilling event (though you don’t have to participate every week). Share your favorite recipes with us, according to the week’s theme, for a chance to win some great prizes provided by our wonderful sponsors, Ile de France Cheese (my go-to cheeses for cooking or eating unadulterated), Rösle (high-end European kitchen utensils and cookware), Emile Henry (the bakeware we all drool over), Rouxbe (online video cooking school with excellent content) and ManPans (eco-friendly and tough cookware) . There will be a winner every week.
Here are the themes:
Week 1 (June 6-12): Appetizers
Week 2 (June 13-19): Side Dishes
Week 3 (June 20-26): Entrees
Week 4 (June 27-July 3): Vegetarian
Week 5 (July 4-10): Kabobs
Week 6 (July 11-18): Desserts
How do you participate in Get Grillin’ 2011? Here are the guidelines:
1) Get busy grilling and post your recipe on your blog. For each week’s theme, you can enter up to 3 recipes. Each recipe post is counted as a separate entry for a chance to win a great prize from one of our sponsors. It is fine to use recipes that are previously posted on your blog, as long as you add the info in 3).
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post (i.e., on the first day of the theme week). Just do so on either Marla’s or my blog, not both.
2) During the theme week, add the link to your grilling post to the widget on either Family Fresh Cooking or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both. Cool, huh? Marla and I will post our themed post on the Monday of each week (for example, on June 6th, we will both post our appetizer recipes), so be sure to look on these posts for the recipe link widgets.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with Family Fresh Cooking and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
4) Do you want to help us spread the word on social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook? Here is a sample tweet that you can cut and paste:
#GetGrillin with @MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck. Share your recipes & win fabulous prizes on their blogs. Please RT.
5) Join the party, you can add our Get Grillin’ badge to your side bar or blog post too.
Now it’s time to fire up the grill and Get Grillin’!
All giveaway winners will be chosen through random.org.