Apr 20
2012

TV Cooking Segment, Your ZipList Recipe Box & More

It’s been a busy week around here. Admittedly, most of my thoughts are focused on the half-marathon that I’m running tomorrow (Saturday) morning. I waxed on about my journey to this race, and my goals for the actual day in my post on Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Salmon, Tomatoes & Herb Dressing earlier this week. The butterflies that took residence in my stomach are in full flight. I’m trying not to let the nerves take over and, instead, am focusing on the feelings of excitement, and picturing myself crossing the finish line.

Cooking Segment:
This week I also headed down to the local KSL5 TV studios to do a cooking segment for their daytime show, Studio 5. I made Asian Quesadillas with Hoisin Sauce, Chicken and Zucchini, which is an easy meal that will take you less than 20 minutes to prepare. Just click on the photo below to view the segment.

Studio5Clip2

Recipe Box:
If you are someone who likes to bookmark or print recipes from your favorite websites and blogs, consider opening a virtual recipe box with ZipList. This free recipe box is a place to house all of those recipes in one place. Not only can you organize the recipes into categories, but you can also create shopping lists from those recipes.

On my site, just head to the recipe at the bottom of each post and click on Save to automatically add the recipe to your personal recipe box.

ZipListShot1

If you would like to access your recipe box or shopping lists from my site, just go to the drop-down menu under the Recipe tab at the top of the page.

Healthy Living Tab:
Under the header at the top of the page, there is a new tab labeled Healthy Living. You’ll find posts in there such as My Health & Weight Loss Journey, Portion Control for Weight Loss and more. There will be plenty more Healthy Living posts to come in the future.

Have a great weekend!

1 Helen @Helen's Cooking April 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Dara, I know you will do amazing at your marathon. and Congratulations on your cooking TV segment shooting!!! Hope you’ll get much more invitations soon!

2 claudia lamascolo/aka pegasuslegend April 20, 2012 at 8:39 pm

wow you have arrived to a whole new level of blogging cooking and technology. Amazing accomplishments and you look fantastic! Congrats on all these new fabulous adventures… your a star!

3 Cindy @ Once Upon a Loaf April 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Great segment! You know I’m making these quesadillas – they are so different! And I’ve said enough about tomorrow already. :) But one more thing: Woohoo!! ENJOY IT.

4 SeattleDee April 20, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I love the cooking segment and can’t wait to try a chicken hoisin Tacodilla version of your recipe.
Enjoy the run tomorrow – what an accomplishment!

5 Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious April 20, 2012 at 10:24 pm

You are such a natural in front of the camera Dara! You should have your own cooking show.

6 Sandy April 21, 2012 at 1:26 am

Love your “east meets southwest” quesadilla. Hoisin sauce is a great way to change the flavors.
Thanks for adding the link to your cooking segment on your post, I would have missed it here in Az. You were GREAT! Fun and natural, you didn’t seem nervous in the least.
I look forward to many more.

7 Kathryn April 21, 2012 at 4:09 am

You’re such a natural on TV, great job!

8 bellini April 21, 2012 at 5:52 am

Something seems amiss on my end and I am not able to see the video but congratulations on your television debut!

9 Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef April 21, 2012 at 7:44 am

I love your TV debut! You sound very Canadian. I haven’t heard a Canadian for a while and it felt good.

10 Deborah April 21, 2012 at 8:04 am

Thinking about you as you are running (probably right now!!) I didn’t know you were on Studio 5 – glad the segment is here!

11 marla April 21, 2012 at 8:29 am

Awesome to see you on TV!! Can’t wait to hear about your race today :)

12 KalynsKitchen April 21, 2012 at 9:09 am

So fun seeing you run by. I’ve never really been able to run for more than a couple of minutes, so I am suitably impressed!

13 shruti April 21, 2012 at 12:41 pm

congratulations on your tv feature :-) ziplist is useful, love their organizational features

14 MikeVFMK April 21, 2012 at 6:14 pm

A half-marathon? You go girl. I think that’s amazing. I can’t wait to hear how it went today. I’m sure it was incredible. And tv? You’re such a natural!

15 Guava April 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Such a wonderful and engaging tv presentation. I’ve enjoyed seeing your earlier ones on your “Press” section, too. Those Quesadillas look mouthwatering. Hoisin sauce is so tasty that I must remember to use it more often. Congratulations!

16 Kulsum at JourneyKitchen April 22, 2012 at 6:17 am

you are such a natural Dara! I bet the marathon went well. Congratulations!

17 Salad in a Jar April 22, 2012 at 11:50 am

Love the video Dara. Nice that you have somebody to ask you questions so it’s more interesting. what fun! Now I feel like I can make the quesadillas without a recipe.