May 17
2012

Peanut Butter, Banana & Honey Muffin Recipe

Peanut Butter, Banana & Honey Muffin Recipe

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches have never been my thing. However, if you top that peanut butter with bananas or honey (or both!), then I’m your gal. So, when I came across this recipe for Peanut Butter, Banana and Honey Muffins, I knew that they were just the thing for a special afternoon treat. The subtle sweetness and moistness of the muffins, along with the cinnamon sugar topping, lured in the whole family.

Peanut Butter, Banana & Honey Muffin Recipe

All of the credit for this muffin recipe goes to Laura of Tutti Dolci, All Sweets. As the name suggests, Laura’s blog is filled with tantalizing sweets that is sure to capture the attention and taste buds of any dessert lover. A few recipes that caught my eye were Strawberry Hand Pies, Meyer Lemon Whoopie Pies, Roasted Carrot Cake Bars. But don’t take my word for it. Go check out Laura’s creations for yourself.

I posted about the Peanut Butter, Banana & Honey Muffins over on the Tasty Kitchen blog. Head over there for the recipe and step-by-step photos.

Peanut Butter, Banana & Honey Muffin Recipe

1 Blog is the New Black May 17, 2012 at 6:38 am

Going to check it out now!

2 kelley May 17, 2012 at 6:51 am

On my way to check it out! I love a good peanut butter and honey sandwich!

3 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 17, 2012 at 6:58 am

These flavour combinations make me soooo happy!! Love these muffins!

4 Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious May 17, 2012 at 7:35 am

I’m totally in love with this combo. And that cinnamon-sugar topping is absolutely genius!

5 Denise @ Creative Kitchen May 17, 2012 at 8:08 am

Muffins are a favorite of mine….and so easy to make new ones of your own. I love the flexibility of muffin batter!! So forgiving.

6 Laura (Tutti Dolci) May 17, 2012 at 8:43 am

Hi Dara, thanks so much for the link & recipe love. So glad you enjoyed the muffins! They look great on your lovely aqua plate :).

7 Lenore May 17, 2012 at 8:53 am

I’ve actually never tried the peanut butter/banana/honey combo before! Off to check out the recipe!

8 Jennifer May 17, 2012 at 9:13 am

Mmmm…. I love this combination!

9 Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z May 17, 2012 at 9:44 am

Dara,
I just love peanut butter and banana anything. This looks like one delicious muffin.

10 Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. May 17, 2012 at 10:44 am

These sound amazing! I could go for one right now!

11 Aggie May 17, 2012 at 12:14 pm

So funny, the last post I just read (on Jersey Girl Cooks) she said the same thing about PB&J…not liking it. I didn’t get into PB&Js till I got older, my mom packed me Nutella sandwiches which back then were thought of as weird, lol.
I love PB, banana & honey with a passion! These muffins look and sound so perfect. I’m still trying to convert my little one to liking PB – I know, so weird – so I may have to sneak it in with these!

12 Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker May 17, 2012 at 1:40 pm

These look amazing! I love peanut butter and banana together, and recently fell in love with the peanut butter/honey combination!

13 claudia lamascolo/aka pegasuslegend May 17, 2012 at 6:23 pm

No guilt a great breakfast muffin love it!

14 CouponClippingCook May 17, 2012 at 10:18 pm

wow, this combination sounds so good together….and healthy too. And I love the color of the plate you used. I have one just like it and it’s one of my faves.

15 Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free May 18, 2012 at 5:31 am

These look fabulous!!!! Off to check it out…

16 Julia {The Roasted Root} May 18, 2012 at 7:57 am

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Want one every day!

17 Erin @ Texanerin Baking May 18, 2012 at 9:33 am

I love the ingredients in these and that you threw in some whole wheat flour. :) And honey instead of sugar! This is definitely my kind of recipe. Too bad I’m allergic to bananas. It’s a pity because they’re so yummy and they add a lot of sweetness and creaminess that no other fruit can do. Oh well. Your muffins look delicious!

18 madge @ vegetariancasserolequeen May 18, 2012 at 10:41 am

That sounds like my daily breakfast in muffin form! Heading over there right now to check it out…

19 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking May 18, 2012 at 10:55 am

What a beautiful batch of summery muffins! These look great, Dara.

20 mary beth May 19, 2012 at 5:09 am

Made these muffins the day you posted the recipe. Couldn’t stop myself from adding about 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. These muffins have a wonderful texture and we all love them. Thank you for sharing this!

21 Carol F. May 21, 2012 at 5:15 pm

My 3-year-old helped me make these muffins today. She regularly eats peanut butter on her banana for breakfast, so I knew she’d love them. I used greek yogurt instead of regular and milk instead of water, and they were very good. I may add another small banana next time. We made mini ones just because that works better for our family and ended up with 36. I don’t think they’ll last long!

22 Deborah May 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I am a muffin girl, and these look amazing!

23 Becky at VintageMixer May 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm

These sound tasty and packed with good protein. love it!

24 Darla | Bakingdom May 31, 2012 at 11:09 am

I see this weekend’s breakfast… :) Thanks, Dara!