Sep 19
2012

Weight Loss Video, Cooking Segment & Blogger Media Page

MediaSegmentCollage

This post is a mish-mash of a few different things. But don’t worry, tomorrow we’ll be back to regular programming (i.e., a recipe). For today…first, there’s a TV feature about my weight loss, followed by a cooking segment on the same show. From there, we hop right over to a post I wrote for the Food Bloggers of Canada site, which tackles the subject of media pages for bloggers (specifically, how to write one).

Weight Loss Segment
I’ve always loved being a contributor to one of Utah’s local shows, Studio 5. This time they did a story on my healthy and weight loss journey (this is the detailed post I wrote on my journey). My husband, kids and good friend (and running partner) even got in on the action. Here’s the link to the video.

Studio5WeightLoss
Click on the picture for the weight loss segment.

Cooking Segment
Right after the weight loss piece, I did a live cooking segment and made one of our favorite pasta salads, Chicken Pasta Salad with Plums, Feta & Cumin Dressing.

Studio5Segment
Click on the picture for the cooking segment.

Media Page
On a separate note…if you are a blogger who is interested in working with brands, you likely know that it’s a good plan to have a media page to provide to the public relations teams working with those brands.

Today, I am guest posting over at the Food Bloggers of Canada site and the topic is Media Pages 101.

1 Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch September 19, 2012 at 7:00 am

You look fabulous, Dara and I know you feel amazing, too! Congratulations on your life transformation! You are an inspiration, my friend!

2 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) September 19, 2012 at 10:21 am

Thanks so much, Robyn. It’s been a long road, but a very gratifying one. So happy to have motivating friends like you around!

3 Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen September 19, 2012 at 7:15 am

Dara you really are an inspiration. You motivate people to be a better version of themselves. I’m so proud to call you Friend. xoxo~ K

4 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) September 19, 2012 at 10:22 am

You’re such a sweetheart, Katrina. And you are so motivating to me as well. Every time I see your red faced pictures, it reminds me how fun it is to do this red faced running thing together.

5 KalynsKitchen September 19, 2012 at 8:41 am

Loved the weight loss video with the whole family! And you look amazing!

6 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) September 19, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thanks so much, Kalyn. The kids had a ball and were beyond thrilled to see themselves on TV.

7 Gerry @ Foodness Gracious September 19, 2012 at 10:09 am

You’re a total natural in front of the camera! Great segment and I’m definitely checking out your media page info, I’ve been trying to work on that for a while now!

8 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) September 19, 2012 at 10:23 am

Thank you, Gerry! I always have a good time with the cooking segments. I hope you find the media page article helpful.

9 Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen September 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm

It was so fun to watch the cooking segment! You are a doll and I love the way to say pasta :)

10 carolinaheartstrings September 19, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Thanks for sharing it all. Enjoyed the video and the post information!

11 Jen @ Savory Simple September 20, 2012 at 5:45 am

You are such an inspiration!! I’m off to watch the video.

12 Jennifer September 21, 2012 at 3:03 am

Thanks a lot!! Your weight loss segment and the recipe was good and you look great as always.

13 Frank September 23, 2012 at 7:45 am

Wow, Dana, you look fantastic! Congrats. :=)

14 Donna September 24, 2012 at 12:22 am

You are such a warm and funny person – and your personality just shines in the video! Well-deserved congrats to you!