Since 2006, Meeta of What’s For Lunch, Honey? has orchestrated her Monthly Mingle events. Meeta assigns each month to a different blogger and asks the blogger to choose a theme that appeals to them. I am thrilled to host this month’s mingle and equally excited at the prospect of seeing your original recipes.
The theme? Squashes!
Any kind of squash will do…butternut, spaghetti, zucchini, pumpkin. Let your culinary imaginations run wild.
For me, squash in any form epitomizes the warmth and comfort of the season. The rich autumnal colors are trumped only by the sweet and savory flavors of the vegetables. Use them as thickeners in soups, layer them in a gratin or utilize them as ravioli fillers. With their multitude of health benefits and ability to adapt to a variety of recipes, squashes deserve to be played with…pureed, stuffed, roasted.
By the way, if you’ve never visited Meeta’s site, What’s For Lunch, Honey?, be sure to click over. You’ll be rewarded with an amazing feast for the eyes.
How to participate in Monthly Mingle:
1. Create a dish that fits the “Squashes” theme.
2. Post about it on your blog from now till the October 31, 2012 at 11:59pm PST.
3. Your creation should be prepared for the current Monthly Mingle theme and shared with a maximum of 2 other blog events. Let’s try and keep the creations as fresh as the ingredients you use.
4. You must provide a link to this post and the official Monthly Mingle page.
5. Once you’ve posted your dish, please email me at cookincanuck[at]comcast[dot]net with Monthly Mingle in the subject line and include:
Your blog name
A link to the post where the dish appears
The name of your dish
A photo, maximum 500 pixels wide.
6. Check back on Wednesday, November 7th for a round-up of all of your fabulous blog posts.
It’s time to get cooking!