Aug 16
2013

What’s Cookin’…Best Blogger Zucchini Recipes

Bloggers around the web are up to the challenge of cooking up summer’s most prolific vegetable…zucchini. Here is a collection of inspired and inspiring recipes.
What's Cookin'...Best Blogger Zucchini Recipes | cookincanuck.com #zucchini #recipe

If there was IOC-sanctioned steroid testing at the local farmer’s stand, the zucchini would most certainly be disqualified and stripped of their medals. This is the time of year when zucchini threaten to overtake every vegetable patch, in both number and size. A few days ago, I saw a zucchini that was easily as big as my calf. That lends a whole new meaning to zucchini boats…one big enough to feed a family of twelve.

It may sound as though I’m complaining, but I promise that nothing could be farther from the truth. I truly love squash in every form (my childhood self – and my parents – are gasping in shock).

So, what do we do with all of this zucchini?

Food bloggers everywhere are rising to the challenge and posting their best zucchini recipes, and I thought it was high time to share some of those inspired recipes with you. And yes, I included my favorites from Cookin’ Canuck.

Let’s dive in…

Foodiecrush’s Zucchini & Dill Pasta Salad
Skinnytaste’s Skillet Mexican Zucchini
Pretty Little Dishes’ Pesto Roasted Julienned Veggies
Lana’s Cooking’s Pan Fried Zucchini with Lemon & Parmesan

Main Dishes

Closet Cooking’s Zucchini Ricotta Gnocchi
Half Baked Harvest’s Curried Zucchini, Chicken & Goat Cheese Rolls with Cashew Mango Fried Rice
Jeanette’s Healthy Living’s Grilled Chicken, Bell Pepper, Zucchini & Squash Vegetable Kebab
Mountain Mama Cooks’ Grilled Summer Squash Tacos
Kitchen Confidante’s Spicy Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
Clean Eating Veggie Girl’s Butternut Squash Tostadas with Zucchini & Carrot Tostada Shells
Coffee & Quinoa’s Orzo with Zucchini & Sweet Corn
Alyssa & Carla’s Fresh Zucchini “Pasta”
Kokocooks’ Zucchini & Corn Ravioli

Desserts

A Thought for Food’s Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
A Spicy Perspective’s Zucchini Nutella Swirl Muffins
Cookie + Kate’s Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies

1 Ali @ Inspiralized August 16, 2013 at 8:50 am

Ah this is great and such a wonderful post for summer zucchinis! I wish you knew about my blog Inspiralized.com – a site dedicated to spiralizing – especially zucchinis!

2 Barbara | Creative Culinary August 16, 2013 at 9:11 am

I happen to love zucchini; maybe it is the versatility…look at that list; from salads to desserts!

I hope you won’t mind a link. This dish is from one of the oldest cookbooks I own called ‘The Artist in the Kitchen.’ It’s a plain dish yet it has two claims to fame. First…my friends husband stated that he did not like zucchini and yet he must have had 4 servings of this last week at dinner and 2nd? It’s simple, uncluttered…so old school…and just so dang good!

3 Liz August 16, 2013 at 9:15 am

All nice recipes. Thank you.

4 Heather August 16, 2013 at 10:27 am

LOVE all of these! I’m pinning this link – I think having all my zucchini love in one place is fabulous ;)

5 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 16, 2013 at 1:54 pm

So many great recipes!!

6 Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) August 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for including one of my recipes in this great round-up!

7 Angie | Big Bears Wife August 16, 2013 at 6:21 pm

ooo Zucchini… one of my favorites

8 bellini August 16, 2013 at 8:58 pm

They all look delicious Dara. I do love this time of year!!!

9 Tieghan August 17, 2013 at 6:14 am

Oh man, this is SO perfect! I was just given a zucchini that is 3 feet tall and bigger than my thighs in diameter! It is insane! So many recipes I cannot wait to try and thanks so much for including my curried chicken and zucchini roll ups!

10 gina @ skinnytaste August 17, 2013 at 11:00 am

Such a great roundup!

11 Cathy @ She Paused 4 Thought August 17, 2013 at 12:07 pm

What a great roundup. I can’t wait to try the No-Bake Zucchini Bread Granola Bites!

12 Kalyn August 18, 2013 at 7:47 am

This is what my mother would have called “a good problem to have!” Your zucchini recipes look so good! And thanks for including my Grilled Zucchini Caprese Stacks. (Adding this to my round-up of zucchini recipes!)

13 greenworks cordless August 19, 2013 at 3:20 am

yummy very taste out this recipe here vegetables good food for healthy life..i m pure vegetarian and your article best choice for me ..

14 Rachel Cooks August 20, 2013 at 6:23 am

Fantastic list! Thanks for including Brandy’s recipe on my site — good ol’ pancake month! ;) Can’t wait to start working my way through this list.

15 Amanda August 20, 2013 at 6:32 am

Holy talent batman!! What a fabulous list of amazingness. That zucchini and shrimp is blowing my mind a little! :)

16 Nutmeg Nanny August 23, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I’m a huge fan of zucchini :) loving this list!

17 Alyssa and Carla August 27, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Thanks for the link love! And wow, what a fantastic list. So many fresh and interesting ideas :)