Start dreaming up breakfast recipes for a special Wake Up Breakfast with California Avocados link-up party (yes…prizes, too), sponsored by the California Avocado Commission.
Even though school is in full swing and the first day of autumn is just around the corner, I am thrilled that I don’t have to give up my California avocados just yet. We are still comfortably sitting in the middle of the growing season, and it’s time to celebrate this healthy fruit’s versatility with a California avocado link-up party…complete with some fantastic prizes.
Kristen of Dine and Dish and I, along with the California Avocado Commission, are hosting Wake Up Breakfast with California Avocados, and we want to see your favorite avocado breakfast recipes.
Maybe you lean towards southwestern flavors, or perhaps you prefer to layer avocado with smoked salmon and poached eggs. Whatever your breakfast passion may be, we want to see how you put California avocados into the mix. Two of my favorites are pictured above: Make-Ahead Egg Wrap with Ham, Avocado & Salsa (very handy on busy school mornings) and Southwestern Eggs Benedict with Black Beans, Avocado & Salsa (brunch done southwestern-style).
The link-up party:
How do you participate in the Wake Up Breakfast with California Avocados Link-Up? Here’s the skinny:
1) The link-up party runs from September 19 – October 3, 2013.
2) Get busy cooking breakfast with California avocados and post your recipe on your blog. You can enter up to 3 recipes. It is fine to use recipes that are previously posted on your blog, as long as you add the info in 3).
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of the post on Dine & Dish or Cookin’ Canuck.
3) During the two-week link-up party (September 19 – October 3, 2013), add the link to your California Avocado post to the widget on either Dine & Dish or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both.
4) Somewhere in your post, please link to the link-up post on Dine & Dish or Cookin’ Canuck (those posts will go up on September 18th).
5) California Avocados must be listed as an ingredients in your recipe.
Our friends at the California Avocado Commission are giving party participants the chance to win over $1600 in giveaway items! The giveaway items will include two $500 American Express gift cards, two $250 American Express gift cards and two avocado gift baskets valued at $75! Now that’s a reason to get cooking!
The giveaway is open only to U.S. residents but if you live elsewhere, please still feel free to share your avocado recipes. (Don’t worry, my Canadian readers, there will be a non-related giveaway for you coming soon.)
All giveaway winners will be chosen through random.org.
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Disclosure: This post and the party is sponsored by the good people at the California Avocado Commission.