Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/apple-cranberry-sauce-with-orange-crystallized-ginger-recipe/
© 2011 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Apple & Cranberry Sauce with Orange & Crystallized Ginger Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
- 4 medium Gala apples, peeled, cored, quartered & sliced
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- 5 tbsp brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Place all of the apple pieces and cranberries in a large bowl and stir in brown sugar and orange zest.
- Pour orange juice into the bottom of a large crockpot (slow cooker) and add the apple mixture.
- Cover, turn the crockpot setting to Low, and cook for about 8 hours, stirring occasionally and breaking up the apple slices and cranberries with a wooden spoon as they soften.
- Stir in crystallized ginger. Taste and add an additional tablespoon or two of brown sugar if you find the sauce to be too tart.
- Serve warm or room temperature.