Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/asian-meatball-avocado-pita-flatbread-sandwich-recipe/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Asian Meatball & Avocado Flatbread Sandwich Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
The flavors in these Asian Meatball and Avocado Flatbread Sandwiches are beyond delicious. Sweet and savory, with a side of healthy! 341 calories and 9 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 1 lb. lean (93%) ground turkey
- 1/2 small yellow onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c whole wheat breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 4 small whole wheat flatbreads, such as Trader Joe's
- 3/4 California avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ground turkey, grated onion, garlic, ginger, parsley, five spice powder, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Use a 2 tablespoon portion of the turkey mixture for each meatball and form the meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. If they are not sticking together properly, add more breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the correct texture is achieved.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and almost cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Brush the meatballs with 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, water, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil.
- Divide the meatballs, avocado, grated carrot, basil and remaining sauce evenly between the flatbreads. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 9 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 9 (Points+)