Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/baked-egg-breakfast-casserole-with-mushrooms-spinach-salsa-recipe/
© 2018 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Breakfast Egg Casserole with Mushrooms, Spinach & Salsa
Loading nutrition data...
Pack some veggies into your morning with this healthy breakfast egg casserole. A scoop of salsa mixed into the eggs adds some kick! Great for a light dinner, too. 113 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 12 oz. crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (packed) fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 7- by 11-inch ceramic or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and the spinach. Cook until the spinach is cooked down and bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Pour off any extra liquid from the mushrooms.
- Spread the mushroom and spinach mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spoon the salsa over top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and water. Pour the eggs over the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle the green onions over top.
- Bake until the eggs are set and starting to turn light golden brown, about 25 minutes. Test the eggs by poking a small sharp knife into the middle of the eggs. It should come out clean (just a little wet).
- Let the casserole sit for about 5 minutes, then cut into pieces and serve.
- *Leftovers can be covered and refrigerated. Reheat for about 1 minute in the microwave.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 3 (Points+)