Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/baked-teriyaki-turkey-meatball-recipe/
© 2011 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Baked Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey meat (preferably not extra-lean)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3/4 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, agave nectar, water, soya sauce, 1/4 cup canola oil, ginger, garlic, flour, and sesame seeds.
- Whisk the sauce together and place over medium heat. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, grated onion, garlic, ginger, parsley, five-spice powder, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix well to combine. Using a 2 tablespoon portion of the turkey mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Brush the meatballs liberally with the sauce. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- These can be served over rice or as hors d'oeuvres. Either way, serve with the extra sauce.