Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/crispy-parmesan-cheese-rosemary-cups/
© 2010 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Crispy Parmesan Cheese & Rosemary Cups Recipe with Spinach & Strawberry Salad
Loading nutrition data...
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
- 1 cup (packed) Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (packed) spinach leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 large strawberries, cut into quarters
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, rosemary, and flour.
- Heat a small, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Be sure the pan is fully heated before adding the cheese. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan mixture into a 4-inch circle in the middle of the skillet. Cook until the circle starts to hold together as you lift it off of the pan and the bottom is starting to brown, about 1 minute.
- Using an offset spatula, lift the circle of cheese from the pan and flip to the other side. Cook for an additional 15 seconds. Gently press the circle into a muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining cheese, to make a total of 8 cheese cups. Let the cheese cups cool completely in the muffin tin. When ready to use, carefully lift them out of the tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, toasted almonds, and a simple vinaigrette made of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Only use enough vinaigrette to lightly dress the spinach.
- Place the cheese cups on a serving platter and gently fill with the salad. Top each salad serving with a fresh strawberry slice. Serve immediately.