Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/grilled-zucchini-roll-recipe-with-goat-cheese-roasted-peppers-capers/
© 2013 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Grilled Zucchini Roll Recipe with Goat Cheese, Roasted Peppers & Capers
Loading nutrition data...
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 oz. herbed goat cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 roasted red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp capers
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Slice a strip lengthwise from the zucchini to expose the inside of the vegetable. Discard or reserve for another use. Cut the 2 ends from the zucchini to make straight edges. Cut the zucchini lengthwise into ½-inch strips.
- Brush both sides of the zucchini pieces with olive oil. Season well kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the zucchini pieces on the grill. Cook until the zucchini is very tender, but not mushy, about 3 minutes per side, moving the pieces during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove the zucchini from the grill and set on a wire cooling rack.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese on each zucchini slice. Divide the red pepper and capers evenly amongst the zucchini.
- Gently roll each piece of zucchini. Serve.
Calories 53.8 / Total Fat 3.8g / Saturated Fat 1.3g / Cholesterol 3.3mg / Sodium 250.8mg / Total Carbohydrates 3.7g / Fiber 1.3g / Sugar ⅓g / Protein 1.9g / WW (Old Points) 1 / WW (Points+) 1