Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/light-chicken-quinoa-vegetable-soup-recipe/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Chicken Soup Recipe with Quinoa & Vegetables
Loading nutrition data...
A great chicken soup recipe is a must for any household, particularly during the cold and flu season! The fiber in this recipe is pumped up with the addition of quinoa and vegetables. 212 calories and 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 2 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 large shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cup quinoa
- 5 1/4 cups 99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast meat, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken has just turned white on the outside. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1½ teaspoons olive oil to the pan. Add chopped shallot, carrots, celery, and dried thyme. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are just tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, chicken broth and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer until quinoa is translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and heat for additional 5 minutes. Taste and season with additional ground pepper, if desired. Stir in chopped parsley and serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 3 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 5 (Points+)