Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/one-pot-curry-tomato-chicken-potatoes-recipe/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
One-Pot Curry Tomato Chicken & Potatoes
Loading nutrition data...
One-pot chicken recipes can’t be beat for weeknight meals. This one-pot curry tomato chicken with potatoes is filled with light, but satisfying flavors. 269 calories and 8 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp ground pepper, divided
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups diced red-skinned potatoes (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the skillet, stir together the potatoes, curry powder, coriander, cumin, tomatoes, chicken broth, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ tsp ground pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. Season to taste. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 8 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 7 (Points+)