Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/seared-shrimp-salad-jicama-strawberries-avocado-recipe/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Seared Shrimp Salad with Jicama, Strawberries & Avocado
Loading nutrition data...
This healthy dinner salad will leave your family begging for more. Succulent shrimp, crunchy jicama, sweet strawberries and creamy avocado. What's not to love?! 330 calories and 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 3/4 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 small jicama, peeled & cut into strips (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- Place the shrimp in a medium-sized bowl and season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are just cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Remember that they will continue to cook a bit after being removed from the pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the shrimp, mixed greens, jicama, strawberries and avocado. Toss with the dressing to coat.
- Divide between 4 dinner plates. Serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, agave nectar, salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley.
Weight Watchers Points: 6 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 9 (Points+)