Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/skillet-salmon-potato-hash-recipe/
© 2017 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Skillet Salmon Potato Hash Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
Serve up this flavorful and healthy Skillet Salmon Potato Hash with a green salad for brunch or a light dinner. 174 calories and 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 1 1/2 lb. Little Potato Co. Creamer potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 lb. salmon fillets
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 1/2 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the diced potatoes and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.
- Season the salmon with ⅛ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) set over medium-high heat. Add the salmon (skin side down if it has skin) and cook until the fish is opaque about ¾ of the way up the fish, about 5 minutes. Flip the fish and cook for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, break up into pieces.
- Add ½ teaspoon oil to the skillet, and add the onion and pepper. Cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and stir in the potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes start to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon, spinach, dill, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon ground pepper, until the spinach is just wilted. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 3 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 4 (SmartPoints), 4 (Points+)