Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/soy-honey-salmon-meatballs-recipe/
© 2018 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Soy Honey Salmon Meatballs
Loading nutrition data...
Serve these Soy Honey Salmon Meatballs over rice and stir-fried veggies for a heart healthy, delicious dinner! 113 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- 1 lb. skinless salmon, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp 5-spice powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp whole wheat panko breadcrumbs*
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the salmon, add the garlic, ginger, 5-spice powder, salt, egg white, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Using a rounded 1 tablespoon portion of the salmon mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake the meatballs for 5 minutes. Brush the meatballs with half of the sauce. Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch cooked through, an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining half of the sauce. Serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, rice vinegar and garlic powder. Transfer half of the sauce to a separate bowl.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 3 (Points+)