Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/teriyaki-baked-chicken-tenders-recipe/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Teriyaki Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
Baked chicken tenders get a flavor makeover with the addition of a homemade teriyaki sauce. Perfectly crispy, sweet and savory! 236 calories and 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp minced or grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs (regular panko can be substituted)
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, trimmed
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the rice vinegar, water, soy sauce, agave nectar, canola oil, cornstarch, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, whisking frequently, until the sauce has thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool slightly, then transfer all but ¼ cup of the sauce to a shallow container, such as a glass baking dish. Reserve the ¼ cup sauce to serve with the cooked chicken tenders.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place a wire rack on a baking sheet lined with foil. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In another shallow container, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, parsley, Chinese 5-spice powder and salt.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, dip the chicken in the teriyaki sauce, coating completely. Next, roll the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, completely coating the outside. Transfer to the prepared baking rack.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken, sauce and breadcrumb mixture.
- Baked until the chicken is just cooked through and the breadcrumbs are starting to brown, turning halfway through, 5 to 6 minutes per side (total 10 to 12 minutes).
- Serve with the reserved teriyaki sauce.
Weight Watchers Points: 5 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 6 (Points+)