Posted by https://www.cookincanuck.com/turkey-taco-stuffed-portobello-mushroom-recipe/
© 2019 Cookin Canuck. All rights reserved.
Turkey Taco Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
Looking for a low carb dinner recipe? This Turkey Taco Stuffed Portobello Mushroom recipe has it all - delicious, healthy and easy to make. It's a keeper! 206 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
The turkey mixture
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
The turkey mixture:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika and oregano. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the stems and scrape out the gills from each portobello mushroom. Brush the top of the caps with olive oil and season the inside of each cap with salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms in a single layer in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Bake until the mushrooms are becoming tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Pour the liquid out of each mushroom cap and arrange them in the baking dish.
- Divide the turkey mixture evenly between the mushrooms caps. Top with the Pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 2 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 5 (Points+)