Pita Sandwich with Chicken, Hearts of Palm & Chimichurri Dressing
Not your typical lunchtime sandwich! This chicken pita sandwich is topped off with a fresh, flavorful chimichurri dressing.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 Stuffed Pita Halves
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup roughly chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup halved and sliced hearts of palm
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 whole wheat pitas cut in half
In the bowl of a food processor or a blender, combine pulse parsley, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and chile flakes. Pulse until combined, but not smooth.
With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil.
In a medium bowl, stir together cucumber, hearts of palm and chicken.
Gently stir in the dressing.
Scoop the mixture into the four pita halves. Serve.
Serving: 1Stuffed Pita Half | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 1323mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2.4mg