Avocado Barbacoa Mezcal Cocktail
Turn happy hour upside down with this slightly spicy ginger-infused avocado mezcal cocktail! The creamy texture from the avocado produces a perfectly frosty, smooth beverage.
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 California avocado cut into chunks
- 1 ½ cup crushed ice
- 4 ounces mezcal
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces ginger syrup recipe below
- 2 ounces agave nectar
- 1 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper
- 2 pieces beef jerky optional garnish
- 4 strips red bell pepper optional garnish
The ginger syrup:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 2 inch piece ginger cut into coins (not peeled)
Place all of the ingredients, except the beef jerky and red bell pepper, in a blender. Puree until smooth. Divide between two highball glasses. Garnish with jerky and bell pepper, if desired.
The Ginger Syrup:
In a small saucepan, combine the water, agave nectar and pieces of ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Cover, remove from the heat and steep for 30 minutes. Pour the syrup through a strainer into a container. Discard the ginger pieces.
Store remaining ginger syrup in the fridge in an airtight container.