Golden Red & Orange Bell Pepper Soup Recipe
Golden Red and Orange Bell Pepper Soup…Flavorful and creamy, without the cream! From Amie Valpone’s, Eating Clean. 172 calories and 4 Weight Watcher Freestyle SP
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste*
- 8 yellow red and/or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 recipe Gluten-Free Herbed Croutons for garnish (from Amie's book)**
- sliced avocado for garnish; optional**
- finely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish; optional**
- drizzle Seriously Sensational Sriracha Sauce for garnish; optional (from Amie's book)**
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the bell peppers and cook until soft,about 6 minutes.
Add the sweet potatoes and broth. Season with salt and black pepper, cover the pot,
and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Let the soup cool slightly, and then, in batches, transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. If needed, thin the soup with water. Adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper if necessary. Return the soup to the pot to keep warm until serving. Serve garnished with the Herbed Croutons and, if desired, the avocado and cilantro on top and Seriously Sensational Sriracha Sauce on the side.
Weight Watchers Points: 4 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 5 (Points+)
* The nutritional data is based upon ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon ground pepper.
** These items are not included in the nutritional data.
Serving: 1.5Cups | Calories: 172.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.3g | Protein: 2.2g | Fat: 9.8g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Sodium: 216.8mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 7.6g