Grilled Curry & Kefir Marinated Chicken with Fresh Corn Salsa
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 cups plain kefir such Green Valley Organics
- 3 tablespoons mild curry paste such as Patak's
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons peeled & minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ears boiled or grilled corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2-1 jalapeno pepper seeds & membranes removed, & minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the kefir, curry paste, garlic, ginger and salt.
Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grill. Cook the chicken until it is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Cut the kernels off of the corn and place in a medium bowl. Add the diced red bell pepper and minced hot pepper to the bowl. Stir in the extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in the chopped cilantro.
Slice the chicken on the diagonal and serve with the corn salsa.
Serving: 1Serving (1/4 of Recipe) | Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2605IU | Vitamin C: 24.1mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 0.8mg