Grilled Chicken Recipe with Jicama & Orange Salsa
An easy grilled chicken recipe with a fresh, simple jicama and orange salsa. Perfect for a light summertime meal.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice about 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium jicama cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 large navel oranges segmented & segments cut in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice about 1/2 orange
- 1 red jalapeno pepper seeded & membranes removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, smoked paprika, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Add the chicken and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill with canola oil.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chicken on the grill. Discard the marinade.
Grill until chicken is cooked through, but still moist, about 5 minutes per side. Let rest for a few minutes. Slice before serving, if desired.
In a medium bowl, gently stir together the jicama, orange pieces, orange juice, red jalapeno pepper and cilantro.
Serve the chicken topped with the salsa.
Serving: 1Chicken Breast + 1/4 of Salsa | Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 672mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C: 94.1mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.8mg