Spicy Chicken Thighs with Cucumber Avocado Salsa
This quick and easy chicken recipe is bursting with flavor. The cucumber and avocado salsa adds a dose of freshness and vitamins.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber 1/4 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, stir together cucumber, red bell pepper, avocado, lime juice, honey and cilantro. Set aside.
Preheat broiler and set the oven rack in the upper third of the oven.. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top of the foil. Lightly coat the rack with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, stir together ancho chile pepper, cumin, lime zest, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs and toss to coat. Space the chicken thighs evenly on the wire rack. Place the chicken under the broiler and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Serve the chicken with the salsa.
Serving: 2Chicken Thighs + 1/4 of Salsa | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 988mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1715IU | Vitamin C: 44.4mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 3.1mg