Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Salmon, Tomatoes & Herb Dressing
This easy whole wheat pasta salad is packed with salmon and tomatoes, and tossed with a herb-infused dressing. Perfect for summertime potlucks and picnics!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 13 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 12 ounces skinless salmon cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 ounces myzithra or feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine garlic, lemon juice, parsley, oregano, dried chile flakes, salt and pepper. Pulse until parsley is finely chopped.
With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil and blend until the dressing mostly smooth.
Cook penne according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Immediately toss with three-quarters of the dressing.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray.
Add the salmon to the skillet and saute until salmon is just cooked through.
To the pasta, add salmon, tomatoes, myzithra (or feta) cheese and the rest of the dressing. Stir gently to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, as desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving: 1Serving (1/6 of Recipe) | Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 15.9mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 0.6mg