Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe with Ginger & Berries
These whole wheat pancakes are a weekend brunch favorite! Spiced with ground ginger and packed with berries, they're both easy and healthy.
Servings: 12 6-inch Pancakes (Approximately)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk or more if batter is too thick
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey, agave nectar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries I used marionberries
- maple syrup or fruit syrup
In a large bowl, whisk one large egg. Add the flour, milk, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. Mix well. Add blueberries and mix again.
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat or heat a griddle to 375 degrees F. Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the griddle. When the pancakes start to bubble on top, flip them over and cook until the batter is cooked all the way through.
Serve with fresh fruit and syrup.
Serving: 1Pancake | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1.1mg