Crockpot Pear & Ginger Applesauce
This easy crockpot pear applesauce with ginger takes very little effort when made in the slow cooker. Eat it on its own or scoop it onto ice cream.
Servings: 8 Servings (4 cups total)
- 5 medium-sized Gala apples peeled, cored, quartered, and sliced
- 5 medium-sized Bartlett pears cored, quartered, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water or apple juice
Place all of the apple and pear pieces in a large bowl and stir in sugar, ground cinnamon and grated ginger.
Pour water or apple juice into the bottom of a large crockpot (slow cooker) and add the apple mixture.
Cover, turn the crockpot setting to Low, and cook for about 8 hours (or on High for 5 hours), stirring occasionally and breaking up the apple and pear slices with a wooden spoon as they soften.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Serving: 0.5Cup | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.3mg