Green Bean & Tomato Salad with Lime & Sesame Dressing
This green bean and tomato salad is tossed with a savory and tangy lime and sesame dressing. Easy and tasty summertime salad!
Servings: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes cut in halves or quarters
For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl.
For the greens beans, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
Drain and immediately plunge the green beans into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and maintain the color of the beans.
In a large bowl, gently combine the green beans and tomatoes.
Add dressing to taste (you may not need all of the dressing).
Serve or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 19.5mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.1mg