Smoky Jalapeno & Tomato Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. The heat of this dip can be adjusted by adjusting the amount of the seeds and membranes you remove from the jalapeno pepper.
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large jalapeno pepper membranes and seeds removed (as desired for heat), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 12 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 medium tomato cored & cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add jalapenos and garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the pitcher of a blender, add jalapeno mixture, cream cheese, tomato, red bell pepper, smoked paprika and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with additional salt, if necessary.
Serve with tortilla cheese or raw vegetables.
Calories: 647kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 187mg | Sodium: 842mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4295IU | Vitamin C: 55.7mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 1.2mg