Shrimp, Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Asparagus Bucatini Recipe in White Wine & Garlic Sauce
The flavors in this bucatini pasta are out of this world! Shrimp, sundried tomatoes, asparagus in a simple white wine and garlic sauce.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 pound perciatelli or bucatini pasta (can substitute linguine)
- ½ pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pinch crushed red chilli flakes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ¾ pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- ¼ cup packed chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. During the last minute of cooking, add the asparagus. Drain the pasta and asparagus into a colander.
While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add garlic and red chili flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour in white wine and cook at a rapid simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 12 thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
Add the pasta and asparagus and toss with the shrimp and sauce. Add Parmesan cheese and parsley, and toss again. Serve immediately and top with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 2990kcal | Carbohydrates: 372g | Protein: 157g | Fat: 81g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 901mg | Sodium: 3521mg | Potassium: 2874mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 3620IU | Vitamin C: 58.8mg | Calcium: 1277mg | Iron: 22.3mg