Spinach Salad with Fuyu Persimmon, Jicama & Avocado with Miso Dressing Recipe
A fresh spinach salad, with sweet persimmons, jicama and avocado is paired with a salty-sweet miso dressing.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso fermented soybean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pound about 1 1/2 large Fuyu persimmons, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium-sized jicama peeled and sliced into matchstick pieces
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
In a blender, combine lime juice, water, white miso, black pepper, and salt. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly pour in olive oil. Stop pouring the olive oil a couple of times throughout this process, with blender running, to insure that the emulsification is forming well. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
Place fresh spinach leaves in a serving bowl. Toss the spinach with a few tablespoons of the miso dressing. Add the persimmon, jicama, and avocado and toss with a 2-3 additional tablespoons of dressing, to taste. Serve.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4060IU | Vitamin C: 101.6mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 4.8mg