Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Jalapeño Cocktail Sauce Recipe
Shrimp cocktail gets a facelift with garlic roasted shrimp and a homemade jalapeno cocktail sauce.
Servings: 25 to 30 Servings
The Cocktail Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion using the large holes of a box grater
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp peeled & deveined, shells left intact
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine shrimp with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Spread the shrimp, in a single layer, on a large baking sheet. Roast the shrimp for 3 minutes, turn the shrimp with tongs, and roast for a additional 2-3 minutes, until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through.
Place the shrimp in a dish, partially cover, and chill for about 1 hour. Serve with the cocktail sauce.
Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 394mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 0.6mg