Chopped Broccoli Salad with Tahini Dressing
Who says raw veggies need to be be boring?! This easy chopped broccoli salad with tahini dressing definitely proves otherwise. So much flavor in every bite of this delicious vegan salad.
Servings: 6 Servings
- 12 ounces small broccoli florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 (14 oz.) can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted in a dry skillet
- 5 large mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup tahini well-stirred
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove grated on a microplane/zester
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
Place the broccoli florets in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times until the broccoli is the size of grains of rice. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add the chickpeas, bell pepper, carrot, green onions, almonds, mint and parsley. Stir to combine.
Toss with the dressing. Serve.
In a bowl, whisk together the tahini, agave nectar, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Whisk in the water, using enough to achieve desired consistency.
One issue with making this salad ahead of time is that it soaks up the dressing like a sponge, so you don’t get that great tahini flavor a few days later. If you aren’t serving the salad right away, I suggest making extra dressing to toss with the salad right before serving.
Weight Watchers Points: 2 (Blue - Freestyle SP) / 4 (Green) / 2 (Purple)
Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I provide nutritional information for my recipes as a courtesy to my readers. It is calculated using the Sparks nutrition calculator and Weight Watchers points are calculated using the Recipe Builder on their site. While I attempt to provide information that is as accurate as possible, you should calculate the nutritional information independently before relying on it.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 197.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.1g | Protein: 8.7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Sodium: 291.6mg | Fiber: 7.9g | Sugar: 6.8g