Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp & Cabbage
Family favorite! This Thai Noodle Soup has a ton of flavor and comes together in under 25 minutes. 296 calories and 8 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons ginger paste or minced fresh ginger
- 2 1/4 cup lite coconut milk well shaken before opening
- 4 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces brown rice Pad Thai noodles
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 12 ounces raw large shrimp peeled & deveined
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- salt to taste*
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large nonstick or cast iron saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, curry paste and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then add the rice noodles and salt. Cook until the rice noodles are almost al dente, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the red bell pepper and zucchini, and cook until the zucchini is becoming tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 additional minute.
5. Season with additional salt, if desired. Serve.
Weight Watchers Points: 8 (Freestyle SmartPoints), 9 (SmartPoints), 8 (Points+)
*Additional salt not included in nutritional information.
Calories: 295.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.6g | Protein: 17.3g | Fat: 11.4g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 86.1mg | Sodium: 865.1mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 1.2g