A family favorite! This light Thai Noodle Soup recipe has a ton of flavor and comes together in under 25 minutes. Packed with shrimp and vegetables.
Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp & Cabbage Recipe
This Thai Noodle Soup is one of those meals that earns me a "Yes!" plus fist pump when my kids ask what we're having for dinner. And that is okay by me because this healthy dinner recipe has so many things going for it.
But that's not all...
Second bonus point...this Thai Noodle Soup takes less than 25 minutes to make, plus it uses ingredients that I typically have in my fridge and pantry. Thai red curry paste stays good for awhile in the fridge, so even if you don't make this again until two months from now, you won't be wasting the curry paste. You can find it in the international section of most grocery stores or online. The brown rice noodles are a little more hit and miss. Sometime I'll find them at a grocery store. If not, I order them online. If you prefer, you can use regular rice noodles as a substitute.
If you are following the new Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points plan, you already know that the shrimp count as zero points now, which drops the Smart Points by one for this recipe (see details at the bottom of the recipe below).
But at the end of the day, it all comes down to flavor. And believe me, this soup has it!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Thai Noodle Soup with Shrimp & Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons ginger paste or minced fresh ginger
- 2 ¼ cup lite coconut milk well shaken before opening
- 4 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces brown rice Pad Thai noodles
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 ¼ cup chopped zucchini
- 12 ounces raw large shrimp peeled & deveined
- 3 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- salt to taste*
- 1. Melt the coconut oil in a large nonstick or cast iron saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, curry paste and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then add the rice noodles and salt. Cook until the rice noodles are almost al dente, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add the red bell pepper and zucchini, and cook until the zucchini is becoming tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 additional minute.
- 5. Season with additional salt, if desired. Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!