Nov 11
2010

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries & Pecans

Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries & Pecans Reicpe

(Please stop by my giveaway blog to tell me about your favorite holiday traditions. Plus, a link to a contest.)

When Kelsey of The Naptime Chef asked me to contribute a recipe for one her posts on Babble.com’s Family Kitchen Blog, I was more than happy to oblige. Kelsey and I met on an egg farm tour in Oregon and I was immediately impressed by her spunk and intelligence, along with her sincere kindness.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I had some serious issues with Brussels sprouts when I was a kid. Stop by to read about my Thanksgiving Day antics and to check out this recipe for Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries and Pecans, the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving feast or family meal.

1 Pegasuslegend November 11, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Ok now your reading my mind just bought some and wanted to try something different looks like I hit the jackpot these look perfect!

2 Allison at Novice Life November 11, 2010 at 3:24 pm

I still have serious issues with brussel sprouts…but wish I did not. Maybe this will be the key! Sounds interesting!

3 Estela @ Weekly Bite November 11, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I've been wanting to make shredded brussels sprouts for ages now! Can't wait to try this!

4 Taylor November 11, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I really love the addition of cranberries to this! Looks like a great Thanksgiving side dish :)

5 Emily Malloy November 11, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Brussels Sprouts and bacon are a match made in heaven!

6 Kalyn November 11, 2010 at 6:25 pm

I love shredded brussels sprouts. Somehow it tones them down! This sounds delish.

7 briarrose November 11, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Wonderful flavor combination.

8 ravienomnoms November 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm

That looks really delicious!

9 Barbara @ Modern Comfort Food November 11, 2010 at 10:06 pm

I'm so grateful for this excellent looking recipe. Whenever I buy brussels sprouts I scratch my head for a while in the kitchen and wind up making them exactly the same old way: roasted with a bit of garlic and oil. Now something both new and delicious, thanks to you!

10 marla {family fresh cooking} November 12, 2010 at 3:32 am

I really love brussels sprouts no matter what these days-but shredded with lots of goodies like this makes 'em even better!

11 Pretend Chef November 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Bacon makes everthing better. If only my mom knew that when I was growing up and she was trying to get me to eat my vegetables.

12 Judee@glutenfreeA-Z November 12, 2010 at 3:17 pm

What a great recipe. I was just in Trader Joe's yesterday and they had a large stalk of brussel sprouts. It looked so healthy and interesting that I bought it, not having a clue what to do with brussel sprouts. Who would have known to shred those little cabbages. what a great idea
( I am vegetarain and will have to adapt the recipe, but it gives me a good starting point)
Thanks..

13 oneordinaryday November 12, 2010 at 8:52 pm

I wish I could get my family to like brussel sprouts. I think they're great cooked like this. An excellent side for Thanksgiving!