Thanks so much to all of you who shared your wonderful recipes during the appetizer round of our Get Grillin’ event. If you are looking for new summer appetizer recipes, be sure to check out the entries for some inspiring ideas. Marla of Family Fresh Cooking and I are excited to see what you have in store for us during side dish week. I chose to grill some potatoes tossed with a little salt and smoked paprika. You may wish to share green salads, pasta salads, grilled vegetables (such as Marla’s Balsamic Grilled Vegetables) or any other side dish that is a “must have” at your summer barbecue. Whatever you choose to share, your entry will make you eligible to win a gorgeous Emile Henry 8″ Flame Bean Pot.
Next week’s theme will be entrees, so put on your thinking caps.
Thanks to our sponsors, Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans, we have some fabulous prizes to give away each week . Scroll down to find out more about this week’s giveaway. Remember, you have to enter a recipe to be eligible for the giveaway.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with canola oil. Add smoked paprika and salt, and toss again.
Lay the potatoes slices straight on the grill. Cook until potatoes are tender inside when pierced with a fork, but slightly crisp and golden brown on the outside, turning halfway through cooking, 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
If you do not serve immediately, cover potatoes with foil. They will become soft. You can enjoy them this way or re-crisp on the grill immediately before serving.
Entering Get Grillin':
The link-up is now closed.
This week’s theme is side dishes. Remember, your recipes do not have to be made on the grill. Any backyard barbecue-appropriate recipe will do. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Get busy grilling and post your recipe on your blog. For each week’s theme, you can enter up to 3 recipes. Each recipe post is counted as a separate entry for a chance to win a great prize from one of our sponsors. It is fine to use recipes that are previously posted on your blog, as long as you add the info in 3).
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post (i.e., on the first day of the theme week). Just do so on either Marla’s or my blog, not both.
2) During the theme week, add the link to your grilling post to the widget on either Family Fresh Cooking or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both. Cool, huh? Scroll to the bottom of this post to find the widget.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with Family Fresh Cooking and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
This giveaway is now closed.
Emile Henry’s Flame Bean Pot (value: $118 USD) is designed for both the oven and the stove and can be used in a variety of ways including simmering baked beans on the grill. The natural clay allows slow even temperatures and the durable glaze makes this pot easy to clean following use. Best of all, the cooking surface of flametop is easy to clean, safe for the dishwasher and the pots are 30% lighter than Cast Iron.
For a chance to win the Emile Henry giveaway, enter your recipe using the recipe link widget. If you don’t have a blog, then enter your recipe in the comments section. Read below for instructions on earning extra entries.
This giveaway is open to anyone (that’s right – this one’s going international) and will be open until Sunday, June 19 at 5pm PST.
The winner will be chosen using a random number generator and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave separate comments for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
1. #GetGrillin w/ @MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck. Share your side dish recipes for a chance to win a gift from Emile Henry. http://bit.ly/kCzxPC
2. Follow @cookincanuck on Twitter.
3. Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter.
4. Copy and paste our Get Grillin’ Badge into your sidebar or blog post.
You can stay in touch with Emile Henry on Facebook too.
We can’t wait to see your recipes!
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, toss potatoes with canola oil. Add smoked paprika and salt, and toss again.
- Lay the potatoes slices straight on the grill. Cook until potatoes are tender inside when pierced with a fork, but slightly crisp and golden brown on the outside, turning halfway through cooking, 10 to 12 minutes total. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- If you do not serve immediately, cover potatoes with foil. They will become soft. You can enjoy them this way or re-crisp on the grill immediately before serving.
Calories 160.9 / Total Fat 7.1g / Saturated Fat 0.6g / Cholesterol 0mg / Sodium 410.3mg / Total Carbohydrates 22.5g / Fiber 3.5g / Sugars 1.6g / Protein 2.5g / WW (Old Points) 3 / WW (Points+) 4