Dec 28
2011

Onion & Bacon Marmalade Recipe

Onion & Bacon Marmalade Recipe

One can never have too many appetizer and hors d’oeuvres recipes. At least that’s how my mind works. I would much rather sit down to a tableful of many little dishes than a large meal of one meat, one carb and one vegetable. This is one of the many reasons that I am determined to become close friends with someone who owns a tapas restaurant. Not that I would be using them for their food or anything. Really. In the meantime, I will attempt to squeeze as many hors d’oeuvres onto one miniscule cocktail napkin as is humanly possible at the next cocktail party I attend. This caramelized onion and bacon marmalade, preferably heaped onto a melted Brie cheese-laden crostini, would fit the bill nicely.

As much as I would like to take full credit for this sweet and salty concoction, I simply can not tell a lie. I have good reason to believe that Santa is still watching and I am not willing to have my name pencilled onto the “naughty” list so early in the game.

TKOnionBaconMarmalade2

Rather, it is John of Patio Daddio BBQ that deserves the devotion of all bacon and onion lovers out there. Truly, this recipe is worthy of some serious groveling, as are many of John’s other recipes.

Spoon this marmalade onto melted Brie, tuck it into a wrap sandwich or take it intravenously. Just be sure you make some, preferably today. You won’t be sorry.

TKOnionBaconMarmalade9

I am featuring this recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog, along with step-by-step photos. Head over there for the details.

TKOnionBaconMarmalade1

1 Susan December 28, 2011 at 4:36 am

Onions, bacon, and brie? I’ve died and gone to heaven.

2 Kelley December 28, 2011 at 6:35 am

I opt for intravenously please. This has my name written all over it. Wow!

3 Julie M. December 28, 2011 at 6:58 am

That looks divine Dara! Anything with bacon has my vote.

4 Cookbook Queen December 28, 2011 at 8:16 am

I love appetizers too!! They’re so cute and small and you don’t have to commit to one thing. Headed over now!!

5 Barbara | Creative Culinary December 28, 2011 at 9:48 am

I’ve made bacon jam with my own home cured bacon and it’s to die for. I’ve made caramelized onion marmalade and served it over brie and it’s to die for. BUT combining the bacon and the onions and serving over brie? TO. DIE. FOR.

6 Cassie December 28, 2011 at 10:14 am

This sounds incredible, Dara. Can’t wait to check out the post. My family will flip over this for an appetizer!

7 PatioDaddio December 28, 2011 at 10:50 am

Dara – I am so very honored that you’d try my recipe and post it. Your blog is fantastic, and I so envy your photography. Thank you so much.

John

8 Kimby December 28, 2011 at 5:13 pm

“Take it intravenously.” :) Dara, I agree with your appetizer philosophy. So many bites, so little time… Happy New Year!

9 Helen @Helen's Cooking December 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Greatness is in simplicity! Amazeful recipe and btw. I agree with you: one can never have too much appetizers.I have at least 6 planned for my New Years menu:-)
Happy Holidays to you and your wonderful family!

10 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com December 29, 2011 at 12:40 am

I’ve never heard of onion bacon marmalade before — but this looks so delicious!! Happy New Year, Dara :)

11 Russell at Chasing Delicious December 29, 2011 at 11:42 am

What a combination of flavors! They look soo good!

12 Deborah December 29, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I am an appetizer lover, too – and this looks like such a wonderful one! Love the flavor combination – need to check out this recipe for sure.

13 Jersey Girl Cooks December 29, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Mmmnnn! You are right! There are never too many appetizer recipes. Happy New year!

14 Kevin (Closet Cooking) December 31, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Those look so good! Bacon would make an onion marmalade even better than it already is.

15 Feast on the Cheap January 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Ummm, these make my Roasted Tomato Crostini look like ugly stepsisters. YUM, I love these.

16 Frank January 8, 2012 at 4:05 pm

With two of my favorite things, onions and bacon, this has to be fabulous!

17 Top San Antonio Roofers August 30, 2014 at 10:54 am

Always remember timely roof repair in Langley is extremely significant to avoid costly replacements.

Using damaged materials, such as cracked shingles, can be a primary cause of a leak right from the start.
However the lifespan of any prefinished surface is still around 15 years.