This is a day to celebrate! Liz of The Lemon Bowl is having a baby boy, and a whole group of bloggers are honoring her and her little one with a virtual baby shower, hosted by Kristen of Dine & Dish, Rachel of Rachel Cooks and Sheila of Eat2Gather. To make the shower truly about Liz, we all made recipes with lemon, true to the name of Liz’s blog.
If you are already a fan of Liz’s blog, you’ll know that she went through an amazing weight loss transformation and focuses on healthy, creative recipes that use seasonal ingredients. Right up my alley!
Liz and I have yet to meet in person, but through our online interactions (as bloggers tend to enjoy), I feel as though I know her. She is warm, funny and clearly primed to become the mother to two little boys (her little guy, Asher, is going to be a great big brother).
Congratulations, Liz! Enjoy your virtual shower. I just wish we could do it in person.
This easy salad features one of my favorite grains, quinoa. It is tossed with a handful of shelled pistachios, sun-dried tomatoes and an easy lemon vinaigrette. Healthy and full of flavor, it’s perfect for a baby shower or an easy side dish for your next meal.
Be sure to scroll down to see the list of the amazing dishes that other friends are bringing to the shower.
In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. (This is the quinoa that I use.)
Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook until all of the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Let it cool to room temperature.
To the quinoa, add the sun-dried tomatoes, pistachios and parsley. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. Serve or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Scroll to the bottom for the complete recipe.
Here is what others are bringing to the shower:
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
From the kitchen of Cookin Canuck. www.cookincanuck.com
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 oz. sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup shelled & chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook until all of the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Let it cool to room temperature.
- To the quinoa, add the sun-dried tomatoes, pistachios and parsley. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine. Serve or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Calories 174.6 / Total Fat 7.3g / Saturated Fat 0.7g / Cholesterol 0mg / Sodium 86.1mg / Total Carbohydrates 22.3g / Fiber 2.7g / Sugars 4.1g / Protein 5.2g / WW (Old Points) 4 / WW (Points+) 5
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!