Curry butter corn on the cob is a fantastic way to enjoy one of the season’s sweetest vegetables. Make extra curry butter to keep on hand.
I’ve lost track of how many times we’ve eaten corn in the past couple of weeks. When corn is as sweet as it is in August, it seems a crying shame not to eat it with every dinner. Usually we grill it or boil it, but if we’re not eating it straight off the cob, we’re including it in fresh salsas or light corn chowders.
Corn on the cob is fantastic with just a little butter and salt, but when you’re eating it every night (heck yeah!), adding a shot of flavor to the butter is an easy way to switch things up.
This curry butter corn recipe isn’t rocket science, but sometimes the simplest ideas are the most satisfying. Smash some room temperature butter in a bow with the back of a fork, and stir in some curry powder, ground cumin and salt. When the corn is still warm, either straight off the grill or out of the pot, dollop on the curry butter and let it soak into the sweet kernels.
What are some other butter combinations you could use?
- Smoked paprika and crushed rosemary
- Cumin, chili powder and paprika
- Lime zest and chopped chipotle peppers
- Basil pesto and Parmesan cheese
- Garlic and parsley
The options are endless!
Healthy corn recipes:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Light Turkey (or Chicken) & Corn Chowder
Cookin’ Canuck’s Jicama, Black Bean & Corn Salsa
Garden Matters’ Grilled Corn & Avocado Salad
Pinch of Yum’s Summer Bliss Bowls
Celebrating Sweets’ Corn, Tomato & Tortellini Pasta Salad
Curry Butter Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Cook the corn as desired, either grilled, boiled or roasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, curry powder, cumin and salt. Smash with the back of a fork and stir until combined.
- Spread the butter on the warm corn. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!