These lemon chicken tenders are marinated in a yogurt sauce and cooked in minutes. The perfect meal for a busy weeknight!
This recipe for lemon chicken tenders is so easy and tasty that it deserves to be on the weekly menu, and I have my friend Phi of Sweet Phi to thank for it. As someone who works a full-time job, then comes home to run a full-time blog business, all while carving out time to spend with family and friends, Phi knows what it means to be busy. Luckily for the rest of us busy bees, she turned her Five Ingredient Friday blog series into a fantastic new book, Five-Ingredient Recipes that just hit the bookshelves.
Five-Ingredient Recipes on Amazon
Phi’s book is full of recipes ranging from breakfast ideas and entrees to salads and sweet treats, as well as menus and shopping lists. Every single recipe is accompanied by a gorgeous photo (something I love in a cookbook), as well as tips, tricks and substitutions when appropriate.
You’ll notice that the recipe I chose to feature, the lemon chicken tenders, actually requires more than five ingredients. The extra ingredients are for the Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt which you can make in bulk and store in your spice cabinet to be used for a variety of recipes. Make it once, use it multiple times. Smart! Alternatively, you can buy pre-made Mediterranean sea salt.
I did make one small change to Phi’s recipe, which was to cut the amount of olive oil in the marinade in half, reducing it from 2 tablespoons to 1 tablespoon. Otherwise, I kept this staple lemon chicken tenders recipe the same and I guarantee that we will be making this over and over again.
Once I transferred the chicken to the plate, my older son wondered into the chicken, promptly stuck his nose near the chicken and said, “Oh Mum, that smells so good! Can I have some right now?” Success.
Other healthy chicken tenders recipe:
Cookin’ Canuck’s Crispy Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Cookin’ Canuck’s Grilled Chicken Tenders with Chipotle Lime Yogurt
Salt & Lavender’s Sriracha Honey Chicken Tenders
EatWell 101’s Cilantro Lime Chicken Tenders
Whole & Heavenly Oven’s Cajun-Rubbed Chicken Tenders with Mango-Avocado Salsa
Lemon Chicken Tenders Marinated with Yogurt Recipe
Lemon Chicken Tenders Marinated with Yogurt…Eat these on their own, use them to top salads or cut up and toss in pasta! 191 calories and 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 tsp Mediterranean sea salt (see below)
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders
Mediterranean sea salt: (makes 3 1/2 tablespoons salt blend)
- In a bowl, combine the lemon juice, yogurt and 1 ½ teaspoons of the Mediterranean sea salt, and stir to combine. Add the chicken and stir to coat the chicken in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate.
- Let the chicken marinate for 20 minutes, or up to an hour.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken tenders, gently shaking off any excess marinade as you put them in the pan. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Drain off any liquid and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove from the heat. Serve.
Mediterranean sea salt:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!