This fun and light mini spinach and artichoke stuffed potatoes recipe is perfect for cocktail parties at any time of the year!
Having family around for the holidays is one of the best times to test new recipes for the blog. Many opinions in one short period of time. If a big plate of appetizers that goes from full to empty in five minutes flat is any indicator, I'd say that these mini stuffed potatoes were a hit! Or they were ravenous because I promised them leftover turkey sandwiches at noon and it was 1pm when these potatoes arrived. I'll opt for the first reason.
For this recipe, I cooked, scooped out and filled my favorite Creamer potatoes with a lightened version of the always-popular spinach artichoke dip. A cheesy dip inside of natural sweet and perfectly creamy potatoes...what's not to like?!
The preparation takes a bit of time because you're scooping out the potatoes before filling them. This is a good time to put the family to work! Set up an assembly line. One person cuts off the top, the next person scoops and the last person fills. These little guys will be done in no time!
While these appetizers are best straight out of the oven, they're also pretty darn good when served at room temperature. So, if they sit out on the hors d'oeuvres table for a few minutes before your guests get to them, they will still taste great!
The Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes come in so many varietals, as well as a choice of preparations, which constantly inspires me to come up with new ways to use them. They easily wipe out any perception of potatoes being boring.
For this recipe, I tried out the microwave ready little potatoes, which are ready in just five minutes and come in four different flavor combinations. The garlic parsley version is what I used for this recipe, but any of the other flavors would work just as well.
If you've never heard the story of how the Little Potato Company came to be, be sure to check out their new video, which tells the tale of a father and daughter determined to come up with the best tasting potatoes, starting with just a small plot of land in Alberta.
Mini Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound package Little Potato Co. microwave ready potatoes
- 4 ounces ⅓-less-fat cream cheese Neufchatel, softened
- ⅓ cup 1 ¼ ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup chopped canned artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup frozen defrosted & squeezed chopped spinach
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cook the Little Potato Company potatoes as directed on the package. Let the potatoes rest until cool enough to handle.
- In the meantime, stir together the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, yogurt, Parmesan cheese, garlic, artichokes, spinach, cayenne pepper and salt until combined.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut a small slice off of the bottom of each potato so that they sit flat. Cut a small circle out of the top of each potato, then scoop out some of the flesh with a ¼ teaspoon measure. Reserve the flesh and top for another use.
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each potato. Line up the stuffed potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the filling is warm and starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Serve.
Disclosure: Thank you to The Little Potato Company for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own. This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!