I know I’m not the only out there who experienced bizarre pregnancy cravings. Brace yourself…mine might make you gag.
Doritos, washed down with copious amounts of pink grapefruit juice. Don’t ask me how I even discovered that combo, but apparently my to-be-born child had very specific ideas of what he wanted.
While my affection for that particular combo of flavors has thankfully disappeared, pink grapefruits in any form are a favorite of mine. Glazed Pink Grapefruit Quick Bread and Pink Grapefruit Greyhound Cocktail…both so good, without a single Dorito to be found!
All of this talk of pregnancy and pink grapefruits is leading to one thing…an awesome cocktail for a surprise virtual baby shower for Jessica, the hilarious, adorable and incredibly talented blogger behind the blog, How Sweet It Is. She can also pull off the most amazing, outrageous shoes better than anyone I know.
Jessica is a mastermind of cocktails (Cider Bourbon Jam Cocktails, anyone?), so I thought it was only right that I make her a cocktail for her baby shower, even if she can’t drink it for another few weeks, when her little bundle of joy arrives.
(By the way, if you don’t have have Jessica’s new cookbook, Seriously Delish: 150 Recipes for People Who Totally Love Food, now is the time to order a copy for yourself and everyone on your holiday list.)
“So, what’s with the pink drink in the blue polka-dotted glass?” you may ask. Well, you see, Jessica and her husband decided to keep the gender of the baby a surprise. So, this cocktail (and the glass) are my diplomatic way of cheering for both the boy and the girl sides.
There are so many amazing dishes and drinks being brought to this virtual shower, hosted by Ashley of Edible Perspective and Bev of Bev Cooks. Scroll down for links to this truly incredible recipe list of recipes.
Pink Grapefruit Margarita Recipe
There’s no fake stuff in this drink…all fresh juices!
- 3 lime wedges
- Sea salt
- 8 oz. fresh pink grapefruit juice (2 grapefruits)
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 3 oz. tequila (preferably top-shelf)
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- Rub the edge of 2 glasses with 1 lime wedge. Pour the sea salt onto a plate and run the rim of the glasses in the salt.
- Pour the grapefruit juice into a cocktail shaker or measuring cup.
- Add the lime juice, tequila, triple sec and agave nectar. Stir to combine.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour in the grapefruit juice mixture.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wedge. Serve.
- Gimme Some Oven – Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
- The Lemon Bowl – Brussels Slaw with Tahini Dressing and Za’atar Crostini
- Dine & Dish – Hot Buttered Rum Cocktail
- Food For My Family – Cranberry Orange Dark and Stormy Cocktail
- Minimalist Baker – Bourbon Pumpkin Milkshakes
- Stylish, Stealthy & (sometimes) Healthy – Apple Cider Shandy
- A Spicy Perspective – Preggy Punch Mocktail
- Girl vs. Dough – Boozy Maple Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake
- Honestly Yum – Maple Bacon Pisco Sour
- Cookin Canuck – Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
- A Thought For Food – Mezcal Citrico Cocktail
- A House in the Hills – Pomegranate Rosemary Spritzer
- The Novice Chef – Ginger Bourbon Apple Cider
- Bran Appetit – Citrus Cider Punch Floats
- The Little Kitchen – Salmon BLT Sliders with an Avocado Aioli & Brie
- Daisy At Home – Balsamic Beef Burger with Mac and Cheese
- Cookies & Cups – Candied Bacon Maple Cheddar Burger
- Climbing Grier Mountain – Trashed-Up Steak Burger with Chicken Fried Bacon & Dijon Gravy
- Dessert For Two – Bleu Cheese Burgers + Sweet Potato Fries
- Country Clever – Fig Rosemary Roast Chicken Brie Brussels Sprout Panini
- Foodie Crush – The Best Cheeseburger Soup
- Two Peas & Their Pod – Sweet Potato and Kale Grilled Cheese
- Bake Your Day – Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
- Spoon Fork Bacon – Crunchy Ground Beef and Cheesy Tacos
- The Fauxmartha – Boozy Beef and Butternut Tacos
- With Food + Love – Harvest Hash Breakfast Tacos
- Mountain Mama Cooks – Crispy Kale and Brussels Sprout Tacos with Bacon
- Heather Christo – Bahn Mi Tacos with Spicy Sriracha Honey Sauce
- A Couple Cooks – Loaded Huevos Rancheros Tacos
- Bakers Royale – Trash’d Street Tacos
- Table for Two – Salted Caramel, Dark Chocolate, and Brown Butter Shortbread Bars with Sprinkles
- My Name is Yeh – Mini Vanilla Loaf Cakes, All Trashed Up
- Sprinkle Bakes – Cake Batter Confetti Cupcakes
- Averie Cooks – Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Sweet Phi – Trashed Up Shortbread Cookie Bars
- Love & Olive Oil – Loaded Junk Food Brownies
- Lauren’s Latest – Bakery Sugar Cookies
- Cookie + Kate – Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey and Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourishing Foodie – Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- The Sugar Hit – Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Cake
- Hummingbird High – Breakfast Cereal Cake Donuts
- Top With Cinnamon – Triple Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Crumb Cake
- Bake at 350 – Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sundaes
- Simple Bites – Lemon Layer Cake
- Bakerella – Baby Block Cake Pops
- She Wears Many Hats – Chocolate Covered Grapefruit
- Bev Cooks – Beer Battered Fried Calamari Pizza
- Rachel Cooks – Apple and Chicken Sausage Pizza with Macaroni and Cheese Stuffed Crust
- Foodie With Family – Trashed Up Barbecue Turkey Pizza
- Shutterbean – Pesto Potato Bacon Pizza
- i am a food blog – Grilled Cheese Pizza
- Simply Scratch – Steak + Blue Cheese Pizza with Crispy Fried Shallots and Honey Balsamic Drizzle
- The Beeroness – Beer Cheese Tater Tot Pizza
- Yes I Want Cake – Roasted Pumpkin Pizza
- Two Red Bowls – Bacon Mashed Potato Pizza
- Dula Notes – Pork Bahn Mi Pizza
- Weelicious – Trashed Up Mexican Pizza Pockets
- Take a Megabite – Roasted Beet Pizza