This roasted potato appetizer recipe is spiked with southwestern spices and served alongside a healthy roasted red pepper jalapeño dip. Thank you to the Little Potato Co. for helping me to share this recipe with you.
When there's a lot of candy in the house - and we always have more than our fair share after Easter - I start cruising the fridge for something good to eat. Anything that will keep my hands out of the jelly beans and chocolate. As you may have seen on Instagram, we have enough of the really good stuff to keep even the most ardent chocoholic happy for months.
When our chocolate coffers are full, I need something really good in the healthy, savory category to satisfy my taste buds.
Baked Hummus & Feta Cauliflower Bites, Curry Spiced Nuts and Asparagus Hummus are all regulars around here when I need something extra-special in the taste department to keep the sugar cravings at bay.
This time around, I decided to make something with my favorite Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Co. And I just couldn't resist using this gorgeous varietal, Chilean Splash. I mean, just look at those colors! They have the telltale creaminess and slight natural sweetness of other Creamer potatoes, and are incredibly versatile. Microwave, steam, roast or grill - you name it, they can take it.
We always focus on healthy food around here, but since March is Nutrition Month, I am even more aware of the benefits of Creamer potatoes, such as fiber, Vitamin C, potassium and iron. One serving contains 12% of the recommended daily allowance of fiber and 6% of your recommended Vitamin C. On top of all of that, they are naturally gluten free!
For the potatoes, just toss them with olive oil and an easy blend of the southwestern spices, then roast until golden brown. And the dip? Just toss all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Vegan, gluten free, quick and so tasty!
Bring on the potatoes and healthy dip. Easter candy forgotten!
Other recipes with Creamer potatoes:
Cookin' Canuck's Italian Turkey, Potato & Zucchini Meatloaf
Cookin' Canuck's Roasted Potatoes & Onions with Blue Cheese
The Cookie Writer's Shish Kabobs in the Oven (Chicken & Tofu Varietals)
Cocoa Bean, The Vegetable's Biryani Potatoes & Poached Eggs
Southwestern Potato Wedges Recipe with Red Pepper Jalapeño Dip
- 1 ½ pound Little Potato Co. Chilean Splash Creamer potatoes
- 1 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 roasted red bell peppers see How to: Roast a Bell Pepper
- ¾ jalapeno pepper seeds removed, minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato into 4 to 6 wedges, depending on the size of potato.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potato wedges with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Roasted until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crisp, stirring once or twice, about 35 minutes.
- Serve with the dip.
- Place the roasted peppers, jalapeno pepper, garlic, lime juice, cilantro and salt into the bowl of a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!
Hi, Do you think you could make the dip ahead of time and freeze it?
Potatoes and dip...couldn't get any better!
What gorgeous potatoes! I can't wait to try them and this awesome looking recipe.
Monique @ Ambitious Kitchen
LOVE these beautiful wedges. And the dip sounds incredible too! Will you make them for me?! 🙂