The flavors in this Thai Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini are beyond amazing! Plus, this healthy dinner comes together in about 25 minutes. 223 calories and 4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SP
This recipe hit the jackpot on every level for me! Thai-inspired (obsessed with those flavors), quick (less than 25 minutes...heck yeah!), healthy and beyond delicious. And when I say "beyond delicious", I mean that I had to stick the leftovers in the fridge and physically LEAVE THE HOUSE so I didn't eat it all. That's the downside of making and photographing recipes in the middle of the day when my family isn't there. No one to share the winner's spoils!
One of my tricks for putting together quick meals with tons of flavor is keeping a few flavor-packed ingredients on hand. Thai red curry paste and coconut milk are two of my go-to secret ingredients for quick stir-fries, soups and quick curries. They add so much flavor with so little effort that I almost feel guilty for taking credit for the meal. Almost. When my family says, "You sit down and relax; we've got clean-up", all guilt ebbs away.
I mean, who am I to turn down such a display of gratitude? That would be rude.
This Thai shrimp stir fry comes together in two parts. First, searing the shrimp and stir frying the zucchini. Second, cooking the simple sauce. The total in-skillet cooking time? Eight minutes. Be sure to give the sauce a good whisk while it's cooking so that the red curry paste completely dissolves into the coconut milk and chicken broth mixture.
Serve the stir fry over brown rice or quinoa, or over cauliflower rice for a low carb version.
Thai Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe with Zucchini
- Heat 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, season with salt, and cook until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Take care not to overcook. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in the skillet. Add the zucchini and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the plate with the shrimp.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons coconut oil in the skillet. Add the red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk mixture and cook, whisking to incorporate the curry mixture into the liquid. Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and zucchini to the skillet. Toss to coat with the sauce and stir in the cilantro. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Disclosure: This post contains links to my Amazon affiliate page. Any revenue made from sales through these links helps to support this blog. Thank you!