Feb 7
2014

Grilled Soy-Ginger Ahi Tuna Recipe

Impress your special someone on Valentine’s Day with this impressive, but easy, grilled ahi tuna recipe. Soy sauce, ginger and lime juice lend fantastic flavor and tang to the fish.
Grilled Soy-Ginger Ahi Tuna Recipe | cookincanuck.com #healthy #ValentinesDay

As much as I love going out to eat and trying new restaurants, there’s something about Valentine’s Day that makes me want to turn my back on every prix-fixe menu and hole up inside my house for a cozy meal with my family. There are only so many bacon-wrapped filets or chocolate lava cakes that one amorous couple can handle!

So, I set to work coming up with a Valentine’s menu that includes some of our favorite flavors. The appetizer? That’s not a hard one in our house. It’s a given that it will involve smoked salmon or Brie cheese.

And then the entree…what to do, what to do.

Since we like to keep things light around here, a simply prepared seafood dish with colorful veggies seemed to fit the bill. Ahi tuna is something I typically reserve for a “restaurant only” meal. But, come on! This is Valentine’s Day we’re talking about. And, if you like your tuna rare (all of you sushi lovers out there), this takes mere minutes to make.

Grilled Soy-Ginger Ahi Tuna Recipe | cookincanuck.com #healthy #ValentinesDay

All you need is 15 minutes of marinating time and about 3 minutes for cooking. You want to avoid marinating the fish for longer than 15 minutes, otherwise the lime juice in the marinade will “cook” the tuna, much like ceviche.

Either a Spicy Asian Slaw or Stir-Fried Bok Choy would be the perfect accompaniment for the tuna.

Head to allParenting for the Grilled Soy-Ginger Ahi Tuna Recipe.

Other new recipes for allParenting:

Grilled Soy-Ginger Ahi Tuna Recipe | cookincanuck.com #healthy #ValentinesDay
Vegetarian Pizza with Mushrooms & Roasted Peppers
Pork Chops with Apricot Glaze
Smoked Salmon Hash

1 Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living February 7, 2014 at 5:23 am

I’m all over this tuna Dara! Just our kind of dish in our family.

2 Liz @ The Lemon Bowl February 7, 2014 at 6:57 am

Oh my goodness I’m drooling!! And I couldn’t agree more about staying home. We decided to go out this year only because staying home with a newborn and toddler doesn’t exactly add up to a peaceful meal BUT we made sure to find a restaurant offering their entire menu. ;)

3 Ali | Gimme Some Oven February 7, 2014 at 7:58 am

I love this Valentine’s menu! That ahi tuna looks stunning!

4 Kirsten February 8, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Dara, I’m always happy to stay out of the restaurants around holidays. This looks like a terrific entree for Valentines day, and I like your appetizer suggestions!
I could make meals out of apps.

5 Paula – bell’alimento February 8, 2014 at 4:02 pm

This sounds like my kind of Valentine’s dinner! I love how easy this is to make! Beautiful!

6 Amy @Very Culinary February 9, 2014 at 9:18 am

This looks amazing, Dara.

7 Vicky March 15, 2014 at 9:46 am

Yes yes yes love my tuna rare! If only I could find some tuna here in Malaysia where I’m renting an apartment for a month I would be making this immediately! Guess I’ll have to wait until next month when I hop over to Europe! Yum!

8 Dara (Cookin' Canuck) March 16, 2014 at 4:47 pm

It sounds as though you’re doing some serious jet-setting. Enjoy your adventures!

9 Jeanette June 2, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I am trying this recipe tonight. Thanks for sharing!